Carbon Monoxide Detector
Carbon Monoxide - 12 Facts You Should Know
By Lukman Hakim on March 21, 2014
Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen in your home. It can also happen in your car. Read the following two stories to understand how danger this gas is.
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistical data, there are 400 fatalities every year in the United Stated of America because of unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning.
And this is another story. Two days ago, while I was writing this article, a father and his son died due to carbon monoxide poisoning in Sweetwater County, Wyoming, USA. It happened because they kept propane heater to run overnight in an ice fishing hut.
Those two stories show you how danger this gas is. And to take adequate control against its danger, you must understand about this gas.
The following are 12 facts about carbon monoxide. Understand all of those facts. After that transfer the information to your entire family.
- Carbon monoxide (CO) comes from incomplete burning of carbon-containing materials such as gasoline, kerosene, fuel oil, wood, coal and so on.
- It can be generated in your home such as from gas stove, lawn mowers, fireplace and water heater. Besides, it can also be generated from your car.
- Good air ventilation is a must when you are using the above appliances. This will dilute generated CO to a much safer level. Bad ventilation system will cause CO builds up in the air.
- CO is a poison gas. It will replace oxygen in your blood once you breathe it.Then, it can kill you in the matter of minutes.
- CO is a silent killer since it is tasteless, odorless and colorless.
- CO can only be detected by a CO detector. You will never be able to use your senses to detect its presence.
- CO detector is the best home security system for preventing poisoning. Integration of each unit in your home adds more power to this system.
- CO poisoning symptoms are almost same with flu symptoms. It is very hard for you to differentiate both of them.
- Symptom severity depends on CO concentration or level and exposure time.
- The first symptoms include headache, fatigue, shortness of breathe, nausea and dizziness.
- In its pure form, it is slightly lighter than air. So, you have to go down stairs to escape from this gas.
- Fire will always be associated with carbon monoxide gas generation.
Read the above facts for several times. Make sure you already understand them all. Remember to educate your entire family too.
First Alert CO615 is an ideal Carbon Monoxide Detector. It is very easy to install and has battery back up for continuous monitoring. Read the detail reviews about First Alert CO9645459615 detector .
Original article published on SooperArticles.com
Next page: Carbon Monoxide
Bookmark/Share This Page:
Carbon Monoxide Detector News
Testing CO Detectors Could Be A Lifesaver - CBS Local
Testing CO Detectors Could Be A Lifesaver
(CBS) — Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are pretty inexpensive life insurance. CBS 2's Ed Curran says you may remember to change your battery when you change your clock, but have you given any thought to changing your detector? The fire at the ...
Carbon monoxide detector saves family - The Garden City Telegram
The Garden City Telegram
Carbon monoxide detector saves family
The Garden City Telegram
When 80-year-old Barb Sprenkle moved to Garden City earlier this year, one of her daughters insisted she get a carbon monoxide detector for her home. Though Sprenkle did not think it was necessary because it would end up annoying her, the detector ...
Family looks to turn tragedy into triumph with carbon monoxide detectors - MLive.com
Family looks to turn tragedy into triumph with carbon monoxide detectors
Friday, more than 100 people lined up for the carbon monoxide detector giveaway she now organizes each year in her husband's memory as part of the Richard A. Battle Foundation. Getting a carbon monoxide detector was something her family had talked ...
City of Regina issuing reminder about having a working carbon monoxide detector
keeping warm but keeping safe