Carbon Monoxide Detector

Find Information about Carbon Monoxide Detectors and Smoke Detectors.

Carbon Monoxide Detector

Carbon Monoxide - 12 Facts You Should Know

By Lukman Hakim on March 21, 2014

Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen in your home. It can also happen in your car. Read the following two stories to understand how danger this gas is.

According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistical data, there are 400 fatalities every year in the United Stated of America because of unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning.

And this is another story. Two days ago, while I was writing this article, a father and his son died due to carbon monoxide poisoning in Sweetwater County, Wyoming, USA. It happened because they kept propane heater to run overnight in an ice fishing hut.

Those two stories show you how danger this gas is. And to take adequate control against its danger, you must understand about this gas.

The following are 12 facts about carbon monoxide. Understand all of those facts. After that transfer the information to your entire family.

  1. Carbon monoxide (CO) comes from incomplete burning of carbon-containing materials such as gasoline, kerosene, fuel oil, wood, coal and so on.
  2. It can be generated in your home such as from gas stove, lawn mowers, fireplace and water heater. Besides, it can also be generated from your car.
  3. Good air ventilation is a must when you are using the above appliances. This will dilute generated CO to a much safer level. Bad ventilation system will cause CO builds up in the air.
  4. CO is a poison gas. It will replace oxygen in your blood once you breathe it.Then, it can kill you in the matter of minutes.
  5. CO is a silent killer since it is tasteless, odorless and colorless.
  6. CO can only be detected by a CO detector. You will never be able to use your senses to detect its presence.
  7. CO detector is the best home security system for preventing poisoning. Integration of each unit in your home adds more power to this system.
  8. CO poisoning symptoms are almost same with flu symptoms. It is very hard for you to differentiate both of them.
  9. Symptom severity depends on CO concentration or level and exposure time.
  10. The first symptoms include headache, fatigue, shortness of breathe, nausea and dizziness.
  11. In its pure form, it is slightly lighter than air. So, you have to go down stairs to escape from this gas.
  12. Fire will always be associated with carbon monoxide gas generation.

Read the above facts for several times. Make sure you already understand them all. Remember to educate your entire family too.

First Alert CO615 is an ideal Carbon Monoxide Detector. It is very easy to install and has battery back up for continuous monitoring. Read the detail reviews about First Alert CO9645459615 detector .

Original article published on SooperArticles.com

Next page: Carbon Monoxide


Bookmark/Share This Page:

ADD TO DEL.ICIO.US ADD TO DIGG ADD TO FURL ADD TO NEWSVINE ADD TO NETSCAPE ADD TO REDDIT ADD TO STUMBLEUPON ADD TO TECHNORATI FAVORITES ADD TO SQUIDOO ADD TO WINDOWS LIVE ADD TO YAHOO MYWEB ADD TO ASK ADD TO GOOGLE ADD TO MAGNOLIA ADD TO NING ADD TO RAWSUGAR ADD TO SPURL ADD TO TAGTOOGA

  Bookmark and Share

Recommended Products

Portable Gas Detectors

Get The Debt Help You Need


Carbon Monoxide Detector News


Carbon monoxide: The silent killer that could be lurking in your home - Today.com


Today.com

Carbon monoxide: The silent killer that could be lurking in your home
Today.com
Carbon monoxide is called the "silent killer" because you can't see it or smell it. That's why you should have a carbon monoxide detector on every level of your home. But when Rossen Reports did spot checks door to door with the St. Paul, Minnesota ...

Read more...


Carbon monoxide detector saves lives in apartment complex - Sun Sentinel


Sun Sentinel

Carbon monoxide detector saves lives in apartment complex
Sun Sentinel
"He didn't have a carbon monoxide alarm, but his neighbor did," Fort Lauderdale Fire Rescue Deputy Chief Tim Heiser said after the gas poisoning that happened around 12:09 a.m. Friday at the Harbor Vista townhomes in the 700 block of Southeast 15th ...
Carbon monoxide detector saves lives in Fort Lauderdale7Online WSVN-TV
Neighbor's detector saves Fort Lauderdale man from carbon monoxide poisoningMiami Herald (blog)
Neighbor's Detector Saves Fla. Man From CO PoisoningFirehouse.com
CBS Local
all 6 news articles »

Read more...


Protecting Yourself Against Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - KOLO


KOLO

Protecting Yourself Against Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
KOLO
Rodney Todd was reportedly using a gas powered generator to keep him and his 7 children warm, and police say they died from carbon monoxide poisoning. RFD Fire Marshal Jeff Donahue says having a working carbon monoxide detector in your home is ...
Deadly Carbon Monoxide Poisoning: How You Can Protect YourselfKMBZ

all 12 news articles »

Read more...


State law requires carbon monoxide detectors in rental properties by June - LancasterOnline


LancasterOnline

State law requires carbon monoxide detectors in rental properties by June
LancasterOnline
In two months, rental properties and apartments in Lancaster County and across the state will be required to have carbon monoxide detectors, according to a state law that goes into effect in June. Local landlords, municipal officials and emergency ...

Read more...


In Queens House Where 4 Died, No Detector for Carbon Monoxide - New York Times


New York Times

In Queens House Where 4 Died, No Detector for Carbon Monoxide
New York Times
Despite a state law requiring carbon monoxide detectors in nearly every home and widely promoted messages of the dangers of the gas, unintentional carbon monoxide deaths have persisted in New York City and elsewhere. Each year, about 500 people die ...
Idle car cause of carbon-monoxide poisoning deathsNew York Post
Four die in Queens from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning, say copsNewsday
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Kills 4 In New York City House After Car Was Left ...International Business Times
NY1 -Gothamist -TBO.com
all 315 news articles »

Read more...


Sedgwick County advances with code change for carbon monoxide detectors - Wichita Eagle


Wichita Eagle

Sedgwick County advances with code change for carbon monoxide detectors
Wichita Eagle
After meetings with local builders and residents, the Metropolitan Area Building and Construction Department had recommended that carbon monoxide detectors be required only when a homeowner has a new furnace, water heater, roofing or siding installed.

and more »

Read more...


Neighbors mourn family of 8 in carbon monoxide tragedy - Delmarva Daily Times


Delmarva Daily Times

Neighbors mourn family of 8 in carbon monoxide tragedy
Delmarva Daily Times
Carbon monoxide poisoning was to blame. Ocean City Town Council amended its 2007 law that mandates carbon monoxide detectors in hotels and condo buildings, removing an exemption that allowed some units not to have them. — Daily Times Staff Writer ...
8 Deaths in Home Bring Scrutiny of Carbon Monoxide PoisoningU.S. News & World Report
Carbon monoxide blamed in deaths of father, 7 children in Princess AnneBaltimore Sun
8 dead in Princess Anne after carbon monoxide incidentThe News Journal
Telegraph.co.uk -Al Jazeera America -TheBlaze.com
all 1,384 news articles »

Read more...